Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week Post 2!

As I mentioned yesterday, we are celebrating Knitting and Crochet Blog Week!  Yesterday I was directed to choose my house/creature (the mascot I most closely identify with).  Mine is the House of Bee.  Today we were told to think of a project that embodies that house/creature and blog about it.  This was super-easy for me because I am working on the Tiny Owl Knits pattern The Beekeepers Quilt.

Here is how designer Stephanie Dosen describes it:
I started mine last summer as did my BFF Linda.  Mine is for my fantasy gypsy caravan that I will tell you about later, and Linda's is for her amazing son Willie.  I took a bit of a break, but now I am knitting a hexipuff-a-day, so I have almost 100 done!  I am using kapok to stuff my puffs.  There are literally thousands of knitters making this project, so naturally there are very active threads in the Tiny Owl Knits group on Ravelry, so go have a look.  It is unbelievable how many industrious worker-bee knitters (and Queen Bees too!) there are.  You will also find loads of charts should you wish to embroider some of your little hexipuffs.  Part of the beauty of this project (and why it appeals to my bee girl sensibilities) is that it is meant to be a project that you work on a little at a time while you have other projects going on.  How great is that?  No pressure, just pleasure!  And while you need about 380 little double-knit, stuffed hexipuffs to call it a quilt, each time you finish one you get that little thrill of completing a project.   Go buy the pattern, make a little project bag, and join the fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to take the leap into the Beekeeper's Quilt. Wow to your 100 hexipuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Beekeeper Quilt, for bees and honey, and for many colored hexipuffs, and most of all, for BFFs!

    ReplyDelete